Cotswold Canals Restoration - Phase 2
The Phase 2 restoration section of the Cotswold Canals is between Gateway Bridge, in the Cotswold Water Park and Inglesham near Lechlade. Inglesham is where the Thames & Severn Canal joins the River Thames.
Some of the achievements to date on this section include:
- Construction of Gateway Bridge
- Restoration of Eisey Lock (structure only)
- Restoration of Cerney Wick Lock (structure only)
- Re-construction of many sections of towpath
- Provision of canal culvert under the A419 dual-carriageway at Latton
- Dredging of pound between Gateway Bridge & Cerney Wick Lock
Current work in progress includes:
- Re-building of Weymoor Bridge, Latton
- Restoration of Inglesham Lock
Significant challenges on this section of the canal are land ownership, and several miles of infilling around the village of Kempsford.
The length of the Phase 2 restoration section is about 10 miles.